Sunday, October 13, 2013

Water Situation

I have been asked a few times what the water situation is. We have a HUGE tank of water that has 2500 kl in it. For that we are set. BUT, the problem is power. Ghana's power is super unreliable. So last week, every time I tried to do email, the power would go out!! But its all about Priorities. If I really wanted to email friends, I wouldn't have gone to Africa for two years. Getting my priorities straight! If I
know why I am here I have no need to fear. This past week, I had a sweet experience with a man named Henry. I met with him the first time 3ish months ago and he was very contentious. For some reason, we felt like we should call him again. This time we met him with our Elders Quorum President and it went 100% better. Having a member there was key. Henry understood so much better what we were trying to say and said something so so powerful. "If this church is true.... there is a lot of work to do." Wow. So true. If there is truth, it is going to take a LOT of work to do. I have heard that Conference was great... I haven't actually seen it yet. I had no idea it even happened till I saw it mentioned in an email! The mission will probably send it out to the branches in a few weeks... but it will be in Fante... So one day one day I will see it. Some updates on Michael Dreamson I talked about a
few weeks ago. He is officially off the wanted list from Cote D'ivoire and is going to be baptized on October 27th. This week was the one year anniversary of him meeting with the missionaries!

This week was an anniversary to something else! Saturday was the day that Alma and Amulek rent the prison walls in twain! In Alma 14:23 it says "on the twelfth day of the tenth month." October 12th!!

I found THE greatest scripture this week, for me.. maybe not so much for you.... Whenever I am feeling down, I will ask my self, "Who is a super cool missionary?" and then I will open up to Alma 32:35 and read, "Oh then, is it not Riehle (real)?" Why yes Alma. I think you are right!

Shout out to Cub Scout pack 55 from Chesapeake Virginia for having one of their t-shirts make it all the way to Africa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment