Monday, August 5, 2013

Upcoming Baptisms


What a busy busy week! August has just started and it already feels like it will be ending soon. This week we tied the knot for a few people. The knot being BAPTISM. We have had a few people who have been ready for a while and had some things to iron out before they actually went to the water. But now, we should be having 5 people be baptized all at once on Sunday August 11. Most Agona has ever had at one time. So that is cool. Also we will be inaugurating the "Waters of Agona" which is basically a slow moving stream about 20 minutes walk from town. We had to jump through alot of hoops to get it approved including having the counselor to the mission president come with his wife and look at it. They were all down for it until a little kid mentioned there were snakes in it... He said "big snakes!" and then went on to show they were about the width of his finger. So we don't think it will be a big problem. The men in the branch will come this week and clean up and weed around it. It should be a nice service and it will be cool to say I have baptized in a river! 

My companion, Elder Harris, has the mission record of losing 90 pounds since he has been out. Whereas I am not going for any record, but just the shear walking around and sweating in the hot sun all day has made me lose 15 pounds already. Ghana will do that to a white man like me!

Everyday is teach teach teach. This week we talk 27 lessons and there was still some down time. My biggest effort is to try to lead as much as I can in the next few weeks because Elder Harris is most likely leaving, since he has been here for 10 months. I hope I stay here in Agona for a looong time! I am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment