Monday, July 29, 2013

Candy and a EMT in Ghana

Another great week. This one seemed to have just flown by in a flash. We spent most of the week getting ready our 4 investigators with a baptismal date and getting ready 2 more who are almost there. We started teaching a boy named Enoch who we met from our basketball activity. He is the first of many!! Maybe one of the most exciting events of the week was getting my first big package from home! Full of duct tape, candy and Superman. Some of the candy was Warheads and it is super funny to give them to the little Ghanaian kids. They say "Ah! It is spicy!!" Their faces contort as they try to act like they can handle it.

In the middle of a lesson (last week), a lady came in with bleeding abrasions on her legs and arms. She came just to get some alcohol to put on it but I lept into EMT mode and patched her up. I am carrying around a little first aid kit and I pray to help people as much as I can. This was an answer to my prayer! Half way through my second transfer and the work is going well!


2 Nephi 25:29
"And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out."

No comments:

Post a Comment