Monday, November 18, 2013

6 Months

As of this past Sunday, I have been in the lovely country of Ghana for 6 whole months! So much has happened in the past little bit and it has gone so fast! I have learned so much and I hope I have become a better person. One big thing I have learned is that progress can't always be seen up close. You have to step back and look at the whole picture. If I looked at the past week and try to look at what has changed, it would be tough but as I step back, Oh boy! It's like getting tan. I have gotten quite dark, not going to lie, but day by day I can't see the difference! 

This week I was getting over the sickness. I told God on Tuesday Morning that I will give my all, or at least the all that I can give, but it won't be a lot. He will have to give me some slack. Tuesday Afternoon, we had a man named Sammy who wanted a Book of Mormon and wanted to "learn all about it". He said that and I probably smirked a little bit and in my head I gave a little salute to God. Thanks Captain. I know you have got me covered! 

I love just meeting people sometimes! This week I was able meet Brother Hanson, father of Abigail Hanson who I know in America! I had a nice chat with him and snapped a picture! It just amazes me how small the world is with in the Saints.

My biggest goal this week has been working to please God. If we worry about all the people around us we will do just that, worry. And too much! I still get nervous and I still get like butterflies, but I know that God wants me to share his true gospel and there is nothing to stop me! All I can do is give my all!

D&C 4- Give my heart. my mind. my strength.

The Church is true!

Elder Riehle

No comments:

Post a Comment