Monday, January 27, 2014

I get knocked down, But I get back up again!

Times are tough in the mission of Elder Riehle. I have learned so much of the importance of companionship unity. When it is not there, the Spirit runs away faster than a Ghanaian child seeing a White man for the first time. (That means Really fast.)

We had the pleasure of hearing from our President this week on what it means to be a Consecrated Missionary. Give all your heart, might, mind and strength. But it really applies to everyone. As for me, I have been called and asked to give ALL my time and effort for the work of the Lord. As for most people, that is not the case. This week one of our recent converts was called as the 2nd councilor in the Relief Society. It was so amazing that just hours before she got the call from Bishop, we had just taught her a lesson about callings and committed her to accept one when she is called. It is so nice to have the Spirit on my side. I didn't know that she was going to be called, but God did. And he made sure to let me know. So in all that we have been called to do, whether bishop, Sunday school teacher, mother or father, we have to give our all and Do Your Best. Just like in the Good old Cub Scout days.

We had a long time investigator, who is so sincere and so ready, who had a date to be baptized this week, have to be pushed back up to 6 weeks because of transgressions in the past. It was hard for him at first but it really showed him the MAGNITUDE of the covenant of baptism. We can't just be sinning one week and decide to be baptized the next. Repentance truly is the second principle of the gospel and it must be done to the fullness possible. 6 weeks will be a long time for him, but he will truly have the mighty change of heart that the Book of Mormon talks about. 

Everyone has their time and this week is my father/trainer, Elder Harris's last week in the country he loves so much. He was such a great example to me and I am sad to see him leave. But the Lord only calls us for the Best Two Years and not any more. Ghana will loose a little bit of light, but I hope I can grow enough to be as bright as he was.

1 Peter 3- If ye are reproached for righteousness, Happy are ye! If ye suffer for the name of Christ, Happy are ye!


No comments:

Post a Comment