Monday, January 13, 2014

Village Life!

Being in village with 200 people in it is definitely a different style of missionary work. With missionaries going there for the past year, EVERYONE has been talked to and taught. Going here, so many people said, "Its a dead area, there is no hope there." Other missionaries may have been there, but Elder Riehle hasn't! As I am sometimes called, Ohiniba Abeiku! Meaning, "Cheif-son Born-on-Wednesday." All you need is hope and optimism and the Lord provides! This week in Eshiem was awesome! The past few weeks we would be there for 2 hours and have NOTHING to do and just walk around talking to people for hours. But this Sunday, a return missionary and I got there at nine for church and we were busy till 7! We are the first missionaries in months to really be trying at all there and we are gaining the members trust and referrals are popping out everywhere! We got fed three times and even taught the chief! 

I have been thinking a lot about personal salvation this week. God only cares how much I do and how obedient I am and how hard I work. The life and choices of others can't affect my salvation. That is the glory of Agency. Making choices is the reason we came to this earth, so if there is ever a time you find yourself off the path, choose to come back. Choose to make today a great day, Choose to live a Celestial life. Through our outlook and optimism in life will affect how we work and how we live. So Choose today to be awesome and just do what God says.

This week someone looked at me and said I look like Tom Cruise. I'll take that as a compliment. That goes along with the being called Jesus a few weeks ago, all and all, peeps dig me!


2 Nephi 2:27 Choose to have joy!
"Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment